CALL FOR ARTISTS: REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
The year 2019 is the 10th anniversary of Girls Rock! RI. Our organization will be embarking upon a year-long celebration with the simultaneous goals of: fundraising, broadening our reach and scope within the community, and reimaging and rebranding our organization to better represent the ways in which we are growing and evolving. We are seeking an artist to design both a logo for the 10th anniversary as well as promotional and fundraising materials for this year-long event.
The selected artists will receive:
- $1000 stipend
- Special recognition at all 10th anniversary events
- Mention in all 10th anniversary related press releases
- Mention in GRR! 10th anniversary enews and social media posts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Access to the Girls Rock! Camp Alliance international membership network
- Free gear loan from GRR! and/or one night per week of band practice at GRR! headquarters, if desired
- Access to an audience of creatives to discuss artistic process, if desired
- $1000 tax deduction for in-kind support
The vision of this project is a collection of logos and designs that reflect the mission and vision of GRR! as well the richness and diversity of Providence’s youth.
The work will include creating and weaving a general theme and imagery through the following:
- 10th anniversary celebration logo to appear on all promotional and fundraising materials (with logo rights provided to Girls Rock! RI). Artist agrees to up to two revisions of final product.
- One poster template to promote larger events / the overall schedule of the series of events
- One poster template to promote smaller/ongoing events
Information Regarding Reach of Project
The work for this project will reach:
- Current donors and sponsors
- Girls and Ladies Rock campers and families
- Social media followers (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) as well as Enews list
This project is open to any established professional artist or current art student residing in the Providence area.
GRR! is committed to supporting girls, women, trans, and gender non-binary individuals and to promoting the work of artists of color and those with traditionally oppressed identities.
How to Apply
Artists interested in this project must prepare and submit the following:
- Proposed Artwork Concept for GRR! 10th anniversary logo/branding
- Artist’s Statement, no more than 500 words in length, which explains your past work and your interest in this project. Please refer to our mission and values of the GRR! Website and explain how your work aligns to our mission and values
- Current Resume
- Work samples, work related to the scope of this project preferred
Materials must be received by Girls Rock! RI by 5 pm on October 1, 2018. Postmarks are not acceptable. Hand deliveries will be accepted.
PLEASE MAIL APPLICATION MATERIALS TO:
Girls Rock! RI
769 Westminster Street
Providence, RI 02903
SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE RETURNED.
Final Artist Selection:
Staff and the Board of Directors will review the submittals and select the artist whose work best reflects the capacity to fulfill the parameters of the project while incorporating the mission and values of GRR!. The final decision will be made on October 1, 2018. Final design will be completed by October 26.
Criteria for Selection:
- An initial proposal that reflects Project Intent as described in this document
- A body of work reflecting artistic excellence and alignment to GRR!’s mission and values
- Experience designing logos and/or promotional materials preferred
GRR! is committed to reflecting the diversity and cultural richness of Providence in our selection process.
Beyond formal notifications, GRR! will not enter into any correspondence regarding our decision.
If you have any questions or need any additional information, please call Hilary Jones at (401) 443-2869 or email her at: email@example.com