*this position is currently closed*
Girls Rock! Rhode Island (GRR!) is a volunteer-based non-profit that uses music creation and critical thinking to foster empowerment, collaborative relationships, and the development of healthy identities in girls and women. GRR! aims to achieve this mission through music and life skills educational programming for girls and women, including (but not limited to) the following activities: Girls Rock Camp, Ladies Rock Camp, Gear Loan Program, after school programming, and partnerships with community organizations. For more details, please visit www.girlsrockri.org.
Girls Rock! Rhode Island is seeking a 10 hour per week, $20/hr part-time Administrative Coordinator to support the organization’s year-round programming and to maintain systems for organizational sustainability.
Description of Responsibilities
- Update and maintain Salesforce donor/constituent management database, and provide relevant reports to staff and board
- Manage participant registration and liaise with participants and families
- Enter and maintain data for program evaluation
- Prepare and manage mailings
- Maintain music gear database
- Work with staff and bookkeeper to maintain financial record-keeping
- Create and maintain systems for data organization and maintenance
- Other administrative duties as needed
- Experience, enthusiasm, and comfort working with databases and spreadsheets—preferably donor/constituent management software (such as Salesforce), Quickbooks, Microsoft Excel, and Google Spreadsheets
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Highly motivated with ability to prioritize and self-direct work
- Outgoing, positive attitude
- Ability to work both independently and with a group
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Commitment to Girls Rock! Rhode Island’s mission, vision, and organizational values: www.girlsrockri.org/mission
- Bilingual in Spanish and English a plus
- Ability to move between different work environments
- Some light to heavy lifting of musical equipment (up to 50lbs)
All applicants will need to obtain a BCI check. Flexible schedule, though some evenings and weekends will be required with additional hours during camp weeks. Currently, this is a temporary position February through May 2016, but may become permanent with additional funding commitments.
Girls Rock! Rhode Island provides a fun, flexible, and supportive work environment with a commitment to professional development and learning. GRR! is an Equal Opportunity Employer and works to create a diverse environment that reflects the background and experience of its participants.
Please submit a resume, cover letter describing your interest and relevant experience, and two professional references to Executive Director, Hilary Jones, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Girls Rock! Rhode Island (GRR!) is looking for a motivated college interns to support our spring and summer programming. GRR!’s mission is to help girls and women empower themselves through music. We currently work to support this mission through several activities: our Girls Rock Camp, Ladies Rock Camp, Group Lessons, and Sophia Sings! after school program at the Sophia Academy. Girls Rock Camp is offered to campers ages 11-17, who, over five short days, will learn an instrument, join a band, write a song, and perform it live in front of an audience, in addition to attending awesome workshops on body image and self-esteem, media literacy, body confidence/performance, band art/merchandising, relational aggression, the history of women in rock, and more. Ladies Rock Camp, for adult women, is a fundraiser for and a condensed version of Girls Rock Camp, happening over three days. Group Lessons and Sophia Sings! are an extension of our camp activities throughout the year. The main focus of the fall internship will be in supporting Group Lessons, Sophia Sings!, and Ladies Rock Camp. Other activities throughout the community will be a part of this work, as well.
Description of responsibilities:
- Attend GRR! committee meetings
- Assist in maintenance of website and social media
- Engage in outreach to local schools and community organizations
- Represent GRR! at community events
- Assist in data entry, data analysis, and note-taking
- Assist in researching topics related to music, gender, youth-development, and non-profit work
- Assist in program and event coordination (Girls Rock Camp, Ladies Rock Camp, Group Lessons, Sophia Sings!, fundraising events, etc.)
- Work on-site with participants
- Assist in organization of music equipment
- Learn about the process of developing a non-profit, including fundraising, budgets, communications/PR, volunteer/participant coordination, and more
- ROCK OUT!!!
- Commitment to attend engagements/complete assigned tasks
- Ability to work both independently and with a group
- Motivated and self-starting
- Outgoing/positive attitude
- Experience with data entry a plus
- Experience with new technology a plus
- Musical experience or knowledge of music a plus
- Availability during major program times
- Completion of BCI check
- Supportive of girls and women rocking!
This position is at least 10 hours per week. Hours are flexible, though some evenings and weekends will be required.
Please provide cover letter, resume (may include relevant coursework), and contact information for your school’s internship coordinator to Executive Director, Hilary Jones, at email@example.com.