Girls Rock! Rhode Island (GRR!) is looking for motivated college interns to support our programming. GRR!’s mission is to help girls and women empower themselves through music. We currently work to support this mission through several activities: our Girls Rock Camp, Ladies Rock Camp, Group Lessons, and after-school programming. Girls Rock Camp is offered to campers ages 11-17, who, over five short days, will learn an instrument, join a band, write a song, and perform it live in front of an audience, in addition to attending awesome workshops on body image and self-esteem, media literacy, body confidence/performance, band art/merchandising, relational aggression, the history of women in rock, and more. Ladies Rock Camp, for adult women, is a fundraiser for and a condensed version of Girls Rock Camp, happening over three days. Group Lessons and our after-school programming are extensions of our camp activities throughout the year. Other activities throughout the community will be a part of this work, as well.
Description of responsibilities:
- Attend GRR! committee meetings
- Assist in maintenance of website and social media
- Engage in outreach to local schools and community organizations
- Represent GRR! at community events
- Assist in data entry, data analysis, and note-taking
- Assist in researching topics related to music, gender, youth-development, and non-profit work
- Assist in program and event coordination (Girls Rock Camp, Ladies Rock Camp, Group Lessons, after-school programming, fundraising events, etc.)
- Work on-site with participants
- Assist in organization of music equipment
- Learn about the process of developing a non-profit, including fundraising, budgets, communications/PR, volunteer/participant coordination, and more
- Commitment to attend engagements/complete assigned tasks
- Ability to work both independently and with a group
- Motivated and self-starting
- Outgoing/positive attitude
- Experience with data entry a plus
- Experience with new technology a plus
- Musical experience or knowledge of music a plus
- Availability during major program times
- Completion of BCI check
- Supportive of girls and women rocking!
This position is at least 10 hours per week. Hours are flexible, though some evenings and weekends will be required.
Please provide cover letter, resume (may include relevant coursework), and contact information for your school’s internship coordinator to Program & Operations Co-Coordinator, Rikki Davis, at email@example.com.